How long does a Lash Lift and Tint Last?
– Typically a lash lift lasts anywhere from 6-12 weeks. This range is large due to everyones lash cycle being different. The lift doesn’t just straighten out, your lash will shed in its natural cycle and a new one will grow in its place. From experience an average client’s lash lift will last around 8 weeks. It has also been found that if you use a lash serum to enhance growth, it allows your lift to last around the 12 week mark.
– Lash tinting lasts 4-6 weeks so sometimes a client will get a tint in between lifting services to up-keep on their color.
Does it hurt?
What is the difference between a Lift and Extensions?
– Lash Lifts are a service that perm your natural lashes using a keratin treatment
whereas an extension treatment is done by glueing synthetic lashes to your natural lash.
Do you do lash extensions?
– Currently, no
What is a Keratin Lash Infusion?
– This is a healthy treatment for your lashes. A keratin Lash Infusion can not overprocess your lashes ever. It gives the beauty of a lash lift without the potential damage.
How do I know which service to choose at booking?
– If you have brittle or weak lashes, often times it is best to go ahead and book the keratin infusion. If you have coarse straight or strong lashes or you’re simply unsure, go ahead and book a lash lift and tint and we will consult and upgrade appropriately at your appointment.
How long do most people wait in between brow wax and tint appointments?
– Most clients schedule brow appointments every 4 weeks.
Is it normal to have a brow wax every 2 weeks?
– Some people are hairier than others! There are lots of biweekly appointments!
How long does a Brow Tint last?
– Brow tints typically last 4-6 weeks. We recommend scheduling your brow wax and tint every 4 weeks unless your esthetician recommends otherwise.
Does it hurt to get a brow wax?
– This is a waxing service so there will be a little feeling to it however most of our clients truly enjoy their brow appointments and find it very relaxing to lay on the warm table and get pampered.
I always break out after getting a brow wax! Will this happen every time?
– Breaking out is a natural histamine reaction due to the trauma of the hair being removed. Although we can not promise that it won’t happen with our type of wax, we have seen a lot of success stories by making subtle changes in the service. Just inform your esthetician of your prior experience so they can make proper adjustments.
My skin peeled and scabbed after my last wax. Will this happen every time??
– Skin lifting is a reaction to the skin being sensitive in an area and live skin cells lifting during a wax. Always tell your esthetician during your consultation that you’ve had this experience during a previous wax session. The esthetician will patch test and prevent it from happening again by applying a barrier cream or tweezing the hair instead of waxing.
What is microblading?
– Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo performed using a hand tool and pigment to draw realistic hair-strokes into the brow line. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully construct lost eyebrows.
What does a Microblading package include?
– An initial microblading package is broken down into three separate sessions. The first session includes a 15 to 30 minute complimentary consultation. This is where you and your artist decide if microblading is right for you and any questions are answered. Your microblade session is scheduled and a deposit is taken down at the consultation.
The microblading session includes numbing time, mapping (drawing) the brows and the actual microblade procedure. This appointment typically runs 2.5 to 3 hours.
The final session is a touch up that is scheduled 6-8 weeks post your original microblading procedure. This session is to touch up any fading or to build on the brow if needed. This session includes numbing and microblading and takes approximately 60-90 minutes.
What is the healing process like?
-No down time is required after microblading procedure. The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is a normal appearance after the procedure and part of the healing process. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. It is important to not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten in color up to 40% as it heals. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal entirely over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You may notice the color is very light approximately two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky quality to it. This is known as milk skin and is common in tattooing. Milk skin is caused due to the tissue healing from the inside out after the surface of the skin has healed. True color will reveal itself after healing is complete.
Is the touch up appointment necessary?
-Yes, a touch up appointment is necessary approximately 6 weeks post microblading due to ones ability to heal differently than another. It is normal for certain areas of the eyebrow to not accept pigment right away so will need another session to fill in any empty areas. Pigment color may need to be adjusted or more brow strokes may want to be added to build the brow. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils can tend to lighten the pigment too much. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks perfect and retains the color for the whole year!
Can I get my touch up sooner than 6 weeks?
– For best results, we suggest you stick to the 6 week mark to ensure that the pigment is fully settled into the skin. This also prevents any scarring damage because the tissue requires the time to fully heal.
Is microblading painful?
-The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything.
What do you mean when you say yours is organic?
– This refers to the pigment that is being implanted into skin while Microblading or shading. Many Microblading pigments have iron oxide within the pigment. While many formulations choose to use this for whatever preservation is needed, the pigment I use only uses organic botanicals. It lacks the metals or iron oxide within the pigment. As the micro bladed eyebrows fade over time, the metals stay within the skin so its just a healthier service to use an organic brand. I also use an organic balm for aftercare.
How long does it last?
– Since microblading pigment is not implanted into the skin as deeply as a traditional tattoo, the area will naturally fade over time. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years depending on the skin type (oily, normal, dry) and age (older, younger). Skin care routines also effect the life of the pigment. Clients must be diligent about protecting the tattoo from the sun. The use of glycols and AHA will promote the pigment to fade more quickly. To maintain the brows vibrant look, it is suggested to get a touch up every 12-18 months. Clients can allow the tattoo to fade away but please note that a light shadow may remain.
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
• • • • • • • • •
Have heart conditions or using heart medications
Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
Have skin disease or irritations
Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note. Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason.
If you are new to eyebrow work, A complimentary consultation is provided. I am happy to consult you into what services would best suit you.
*Brow Tint or Henna is best paired with Sculpting the brow to finish the look. This service is best for those who have enough hair within their brow to work with.
Holistic skin care practices are used in our services with food grade ingredients and a experienced knowledge on how to take care of your specific needs.